Who Should I Contact First?

It can be difficult knowing who to contact first, and for everyone it will be different. Start by talking to someone you're comfortable with, whether that's your GP, personal tutor, or the college chaplain. Here are some good places to start:

Your tutor

Your tutor is responsible for your wellbeing in college, and should be able to signpost you toward the support you need. You can talk to any tutor - just email them to schedule an appointment.

College Nurse

Your college nurse can help direct you to appropriate services, and is available to chat about all things health-related, be they physical or mental.

The chaplain is a part of the welfare system and, as such, is a great person to chat to, regardless of your religious beliefs.


It may be easier to speak to a fellow student. Welfare Reps are trained to be able to tell you where to go for the right support, and they're also just great to chat to.

Welfare Reps

Liberation Officers work to represent the welfare of specific groups of students (including, but not limited to, students who identify as LGBT+, women, disabled, and BAME.) Any of them can be contacted for advice on how to access support, particularly where issues relate to their specific role.

Liberation Officers
Students' Unions' Advice Service

The Students' Unions' Advice Service (SUAS) is a welfare resource independent of the university, and is an invaluable source of advice on a wide range of issues. If they can't help directly with something, they will point you to the right place. Find out more >


Your GP is trained to be able to help you with your mental health, as well as your physical health. They can help you figure out a treatment plan, and refer you to secondary NHS services if necessary.

Student Minds Reps

Student Minds college reps are trained to be able to give you advice on where to get support in Cambridge.

About us

Student Minds Cambridge campaigns for better mental health provision and understanding at university.


To learn more about what we do, and to hear about upcoming events, follow us on Facebook, Instagram Twitter or Wordpress.

Contact us

This website was created by Student Minds Cambridge. If you have any questions, please go to the FAQs section

  • email
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Wordpress

© 2017, Student Minds Cambridge.

Student Minds is registered with Companies House, 07493445
Student Minds is a Charity registered in England and Wales, 1142783

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now